Nightly homework (Monday through Thursday) includes:
- 15 minutes of reading "good fit" book to be written down in the Reading Log in their Homework duo-tang
- spelling practice for a spelling test on Friday (word list for the week is in their agenda)
- Math - a)practice basic addition and subtraction facts for speed and accuracy
Homework should take about 10 minutes per grade level. For example, it is reasonable for grade 4 students to spend about 40 minutes per night.
A reasonable amount of homework:
1) allows children time to complete unfinished work
2) gives parents the opportunity to reinforce skills that have been taught at school.
Below are a few resources to help you support your child at home. Simply click on one of the icons and select the area of study/practice. Additional resources can also be found under the various headers above.